[CIS PIDD] What's your comments

dmvascon at usp.br dmvascon at usp.br
Sun Jul 22 11:52:22 EDT 2012

Dear Dr. Baris

I think that AICD and UNG mutations are possible in your patient, but
in these diseases the germinal center tends to be hyperplasic, leading
to lymphadenomegaly.

On the other hand, another possibility should be hypomorphic mutations
in enzymes associated to class-switch recombination such as RAG or
other DNA repair enzymes such as artemis, cernunnos, etc. This could
explain the low B cells. It is also interesting to look for IgM
autoantibodies.

The 2009 immunophenotyping presents some inconsistencies, such as
CD4+CD8 T cells are much lower than CD3, even adding the double
negatives. Moreover, alpha-beta + gamma-delta also is inconsistent to
CD3+ T cells

Another possibility is the use of corticosteroids, that could
influence T and B cell counts.

You can contact Dr. Anne Durandy at Hospital Necker in Paris.

Best regards,

Dewton Vasconcelos
University of São Paulo School of Medicine