[CIS PIDD] Degenerative encephalitis in DOCK8

Bodo Grimbacher bodo.grimbacher at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Sat Jul 28 18:45:38 EDT 2012

Dear Dewton,

I think the CNS involvement is part of the phenotype (Dock8 deficiency).
Please see attached the initial clinical description of this condition by
Renner et al. in 2004.
They all turned out to have Dock8 deficiency.

And here is what we find in our cohort of Dock8-deficient children:

CNS features: 13/34 pts (38%)
JC virus-associated progressive multifocal leucoencephalopathy: 2 pts
Meningitis: 4 pts
CNS vasculitis: 3 pts
Encephalitis: 1 pt
Stroke: 3 pts
Fungal abscess: 1 pt
Vascular aneurysm: 1 pt

So basically you have to be prepared for everything :-(
I hope this helps.

Yours, Bodo