[CIS PIDD] Chronic leukocytosis

Wilmer Cordova Calderon wilmer.cordova at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 03:45:41 EDT 2012

Best regards, this a very difficult case because I dont have flow citometry
and others advances test

Here I sending all information that can have

Its a long time leukocytosis and hematology dont think in a malignancy (3
year with it)

The patient is eutrophic, but with recurrent and chronic infections

Ill thanks a lot your suggestions and comment

Age: 3 years

female

Date of birth: March 31, 2009

BACKGROUND

Product of 2nd pregnancy

Cesarean delivery, 8 months, birth weight 2900 g

Fall of umbilical cord at 10 days

Complete Vaccines: up years of age.

The 1st hospitalization: 15 days old FEVER OVER PNEUMONIA (WBC 70 000), is
hospitalized for 1 month 15 days.

The 2nd hospitalization 1 year 2months, VIRAL BRONCHITIS (WBC 80 000),
hospitalized for 1 month

infections

Cellulite: 5 times: internal angle left eye, left elbow, right thigh,
vagina (2)

Otitis media: 4 times

Pneumonia: 1 time

Bronchitis 1 time

Sepsis: 2 times.

Apparently healthy relatives

Transfusion of red blood cells: once

Bone marrow aspirate 31/3/9, at the age of 1 year 11 months, without
alteration, NO leukemia

Final control of CBC:

Leukocytes (55 000)

Eosinof (2%)

Segm (75%)

Lymphatic (18%)

Mon (4%)

Hb (7.7)

Retic (0.4%)

Serum iron (35)

Transfer (273)

% Sat transf (12.8%)

Protein electrophoresis 29/11/11: Hypoalbuminemia. Polyclonal increase of
gamma globulin. Increased alpha 1 and 3.

DIAGNOSTICS:

Chronic leukocytosis:

Myeloproliferative syndrome. Leukocyte Adhesion Deficiency

Moderate chronic anemia - severe

Recurrent infection syndrome

Recurrent otitis media

Chronic otitis media left: fungal