[CIS PIDD] DOCK8

Rafael Firszt Rafael.Firszt at hsc.utah.edu
Fri Aug 24 11:54:33 EDT 2012

Hi Elif,

Have you done flow on lymphocytes yet. Dock8 patients typically have low T cells with decreased function and normal B cells and NK cell numbers. They can have low Th17 cells which you can now order though Wisconsin. They also have typically have low IgM. I don't think they have characteristic joint hyperextensibility though.

To answer your question though, DOCK 8 mutation testing is done on a limited basis at Genedx. I think they look for large deletions only. According to their test information, it accounts for 60% of mutations in Dock8.

Here is the link: http://www.genedx.com/test-catalog/disorders/hyper-ige-syndrome-hies/dock8-deldup/

Hope this helps

Rafael Firszt
University of Utah