[CIS PIDD] BMT for newborn with CGD

Jane Peake j.peake at uq.edu.au
Tue Aug 28 02:00:22 EDT 2012

Thanks Mort and John.
We had both previous boys on antifungals, Bactrim proph and IFN gamma and provided extensive education. There were social issues which contributed a bit but to be honest both boys spent most of their lives in hopsital on intensive treatement for the various organisms we managed to culture from their lungs and only went home for very short intervals. I am not sure there was much more we could have done. I think they had a very severe phenotype and also contracted early some bad fungal organisims.
Jane