[CIS PIDD] BMT for newborn with CGD

Fleisher, Thomas (NIH/CC/DLM) [E] TFleishe at cc.nih.gov
Tue Aug 28 14:12:22 EDT 2012

Advice from Harry Malech:

Most pediatric transplanters avoid busulfan in very early infancy, making the Gungor/Seger regimen likely not appropriate in the age group of this infant (7 weeks). However, I am not familiar with what should be used. I would refer them to Joann Kurtzberg at Duke for advice in this regard, and if she does not feel she has the best answer, she will know who has been transplanting infants of this age. I do agree that this is a situation where going forward now is likely the right thing to do, even if it is not the best approach for CGD transplant in general. H.

Thomas A. Fleisher, M.D.
Chief, Department of Laboratory Medcine
NIH Clinical Center
Bethesda, MD 20892