[CIS PIDD] Primary immune deficiency and alpha-1 antitrypsindeficiency?

Desa Lilic desa.lilic at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Sep 7 11:05:41 EDT 2012

It depends on what you coin A1AT deficiency because mildly reduced levels (MZ or MS genes variants as opposed to SS SZ & ZZ) are a relatively frequent finding in general (1:2500 - 1-5000 newborns, Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2008 Jun 19;3:16) and probably also very often not diagnosed at all

Desa Lilic, MD, MSc, PhD, FRCPath
Consultant & Clinical Senior Lecturer in Immunology
Institute for Cellular Medicine
4th Fl Cookson Bldg
Faculty of Medical Sciences
University of Newcastle