[CIS PIDD] 8mo old boy hypereosinophilia

Hoernes Miriam Miriam.Hoernes at kispi.uzh.ch
Thu Sep 20 11:20:01 EDT 2012

Thank you very much for your input. We had already tested the T reg (CD4CD25CD127-) and they where elevated (absolute (473/ul) and relative values (38%)). In addition we have not found any autoantibodies (thyroid, pancreas). There are patients with IPEX-like Syndrome described in the literature with normal Treg numbers but not with elevated ones. Do you think we need further investigation to exclude these syndromes as well?
Thank you very much,

Miriam Hoernes

Dr. med. Miriam Hoernes
Ärztin Abteilung Immunologie/Allergologie
Jeffrey Modell Diagnostic Center for Primary Immunodeficiencies
Universitäts-Kinderspital Zürich
Steinwiesstrasse 75
CH-8032 Zürich
Tel.: +41 (0)44-266-7311