[CIS PIDD] 8mo old boy hypereosinophilia

Verbsky, James jverbsky at mcw.edu
Thu Sep 20 12:10:02 EDT 2012

Did you stain for Foxp3?? Either way..you may have to sequence the gene. We had teenager with IBD, past history of eczema and food allergies with normal 127-25hi cells and normal percentages of Foxp3+ cells that had a Foxp3 point mutation and IPEX. CD127 is down regulated on activation, so I wouldnt assume that 127-25hi are Tregs. Our lab confirms that these cell express Foxp3, but even then to be sure you would need to sequence.

Best

James

James W. Verbsky MD/PhD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Medical Microbiology and Genetics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Milwaukee, WI 53211
jverbsky at mcw.edu
414-266-6701 (phone)