[CIS PIDD] ? SCID newborn

Notarangelo, Luigi Luigi.Notarangelo at childrens.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 28 20:41:45 EDT 2012

Dear Joe:

This is very unlikely to be reticular dysgenesis, because RD patients typically have an ANC of 0. However, if needed, I can help with genetic testing for AK2 (but would suggest to postpone this, because RD is unlikely). ADA deficiency is very very possible. Extreme lymphopenia (often involving all subsets) is very common in ADA def. I would recommend immediate testing for this. Mike Hershfield at Duke can be very helpful as he would look at ADA and dAXP levels and could also search for mutation. Does she have elevated LFTs?
Although she is obviously extremely lymphopenic, it would be important to know what those 84 lymphs are.

Best,

Gigi Notarangelo

Sent from my iPhone

Luigi D. Notarangelo, MD
Jeffrey Modell Chair of Pediatric Immunology Research
Division of Immunology
Children's Hospital Boston
Professor of Pediatrics and Pathology
Harvard Medical School