[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Yellow fever vaccine

Kobrynski, Lisa lkobryn at emory.edu
Tue Dec 11 13:18:07 EST 2012

I spoke with my local CDC infectious disease expert. Yellow fever vaccination is not contraindicated for someone living with an immunocompromised person (e.g. household contact), therefore there should be no risk for a CVID patient coming in contact with someone who has received the yellow fever vaccine.

Unless absolutely indicated, I don't advocate giving yellow fever vaccine to anyone due to the risk of develping complications such as Guillaume Barre following vaccination.

Hope that helps.

Lisa

Lisa Kobrynski, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Pediatrics