[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] 2yo with hemolytic anemia and T/B abnormalities

Verbsky, James jverbsky at mcw.edu
Tue Dec 11 13:59:01 EST 2012

I concur with Drs Berger and Vasconcelos..if there is an IL-2 production defect this will overcome it. However..if it's a mutation in CD25 or gammaC IL-2 wont work (unless you use very high doses for CD25)...IL-15 does so you could try that(at least for CD25). We do mitogens with the other gamma common chain family members (2, 7, 15) . You could also look at phospho-Stat5 as a functional readout.

One other thought...(which doesn't explain the mitogen problem)...I don't know of many PIDs that present with low CD4 cells (other than the mentioned Class II or Lck), but xIAP deficiency appears to have low CD4/CD8 ratios..at least in the initial publication (4 of 7 patients, our xIAP was similar). Again..mitogens should be normal particularly if the cells were viable..just curious if others have thoughts about the 4/8 ratio.

James