[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] FW: Neonate with septic arthritis and possible aortic fungal thombus.

Daniel H. Conway dhconway at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:48:53 EST 2013

For further work-up:

1. TLR assay for identification of signaling defects.

2. Some form of genome hybridization to identify two X chromosomes, any
regions of homology, and exclude DiGeorge (which the T cell number seems to
do also).

"Normal immunity" should be considered if one can find a history of an
umbilical artery catheter which caused thrombosis and was seeded from E.
coli resulting in an intra-arterial focus for which likely antibiotic
duration for "mere" sepsis would have been inadequate. Then one can explain
the appearance of metastatic E coli from an undertreated infected thrombus.

Dan Conway