[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Possible CVID case

dmvascon at usp.br dmvascon at usp.br
Sat Jan 5 20:22:23 EST 2013

Dear Dr. Aggarwal

I agree with Dr. Saxon view of a possible allergy influencing negatively for the susceptibility of infection. Is there any temporal relation between the infections and the season of deterioration of her respiratory allergy?
She has IgG2 deficiency (partial) without evident deficit of the polysaccharide antibody response. We sometimes observe IgA deficient patients with a B cell phenotype similar to your patient, without any severe infection.

Therefore I would try to treat her aggressively for her allergy and observe the evolution of upper and lower respiratory infections before thinking in IVIg replacement.

Best regards,

Dewton Vasconcelos
University of São Paulo School of Medicine