[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Patient question

Richard Wasserman drrichwasserman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 22:15:16 EST 2013

I saw a 54 year old woman with no history of infections until she had to
take in her grandson as a toddler. By the time he was six or seven she had
had a sinus surgery and was chronically infected. I don't recall precisely
but I don't think she had any chest infections. She had Selective IgA
Deficiency with a robust response pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. With
aggressive nasal hygiene and prophylactic antibiotics she did well enough
until her grandson stopped bringing things home at which point she stopped
antibiotics and did well.

Richard Wasserman
Dallas

--