[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Tuberous Sclerosis and CVID?

dmvascon at usp.br dmvascon at usp.br
Mon Apr 29 13:49:27 EDT 2013

Dear Zach and all

I agree with you about the risk of hypogammaglobulinemia induced by anticonvulsants (mainly hydantoinate and carbamazepine) .
I've seen several due to hydantoin (only one recovered Ig production after 18 months of withdraw), but none with the drugs used by your patient.

I can assume that there is a potential risk of hypogammaglobulinemia due to sirolimus, due to the fact that it acts on mTOR, decreasing IL-2 actions in T and B cells (but I've never seen such a reaction).

Thinking in a practical way I would start IVIg replacement. Making a parallel with Rasmussen's syndrome it is possible that the convulsive disorder of your patient improves on IVIg (only time will answer to this question).

Best,

Dewton

Dewton de Moraes Vasconcelos , M.D.; Ph.D.
University of São Paulo School of Medicine