[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Infant with severe enteropathy and immune deficiency

Elena Hsieh whsieh at stanford.edu
Wed May 1 12:11:49 EDT 2013

We had a case at Stanford in July of last year. He was a young 6mo male infant, preterm, induced because of very low birth weight. He was TPN dependent since close to birth, without any improvement after treatment with tacrolimus, solumedrol and sirolimus. His Foxp3 expression was low which made us think of IPEX initially. He was eventually found to be homozygous for a shared nonsense mutation (stop codon) in exon 8. Unfortunately he passed away at the age of 8mo, although from causes unrelated to the disease itself.

Thanks.

Elena

E: info at clinimmsoc.org

or send a blank email to leave-43282083-183939985.3ea13d40a15475ac00ebbd9cd8a37d6d at lists.clinimmsoc.org