[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] SCID Pre-IVIG labs?

Mel.Berger at cslbehring.com Mel.Berger at cslbehring.com
Sun Jun 9 16:09:56 EDT 2013

________________________________
From: Jason Raasch [jraasch at midwestimmunology.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 2:21 PM
To: CIS-PIDD
Subject: Re: RE: [cis-pidd] SCID Pre-IVIG labs?

Tom, per my response to Joe, actually referring to immune workup. Sometimes IgG replacement can obscure/"neutralize"(?) pathogenic autoantibodies(?). I have an OS child who was found to have anti-platelet and ANCA antibodies after developing ITP and renal vasculitis. Wondering if certain auto-antibodies, if present at diagnosis may predict these complications. Not seen much in literature. Not thought to ask in conversations with all of you at CIS, AAAAI, etc.

Thanks for your thoughts.

-J

Jason Raasch, MD

Midwest Immunology Clinic