[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] MBL lost in proteinuria?

Kirkpatrick, Charles Charles.Kirkpatrick at ucdenver.edu
Wed Jun 12 11:42:00 EDT 2013

I agree with Joe. MBL circulates as multimers of the 30 Kd unit. One would expect that most serum proteins would be low if a protein of that size is lost in the urine..
The assay is fairly sensitive. You could check the concentration in the urine.
A next step would be sequencing of the genes to see if the patient has a low or high serum level genotype or a mutation that causes deficiency.

Chuck Kirkpatrick