[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] TTC7A deficiency

Elena Hsieh whsieh at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 17 01:13:56 EDT 2013

We had a patient identified with this mutation in July of last year. The patient had all the clinical features of trichohepatic enteric syndrome, with neonatal onset of intractable diarrhea, dysmorhic, TPN dependent, and failed to improve on steroids, tacrolimus and siroliimus. We were initially consulted on this patient for confer for IPEX, given that intractable diarrhea, and his low number of Tregs. He was also fairly lymphopenic. He unfortunately died before further therapy, but we thought that gut transplant would be even more helpful than BMT. There is not very much data in the literature regarding the outcome of this condition, but in a previous discussion chain regarding this diagnosis it seems that if the patient can get through young childhood, they can have a fairly normal development into teenage hood and young adulthood (albeit with abnormal stools).

We also have another patient with similar symptoms, but the diarrhea is actually bloody and she has arthritis as well. She is undergoing a double BMT and gut transplant, but I also think that outcome for gut transplants is rather abysmal.

Elena

E: info at clinimmsoc.org

or send a blank email to leave-43487386-183939985.3ea13d40a15475ac00ebbd9cd8a37d6d at lists.clinimmsoc.org