[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Puzzling Case

Cooper, Megan Cooper_M at kids.wustl.edu
Tue Jun 18 20:00:29 EDT 2013

Hi - Have you looked at NALP3/cryopyrin? It looks like an FCAS rash. We have pts like this without fever. Are inflammatory markers up?

Megan

Megan Cooper
Washington University

On Jun 18, 2013, at 5:55 PM, "Church, Joseph" <JChurch at chla.usc.edu> wrote:

> Colleagues:

> Rheumatology referred a now 6 month infant girl who since 5 weeks of age has had a persistent, shifting, generalized rash characterized by irregular reddish-brown plaques (see attached picture) that are completely non-pruritic. A biopsy showed "urticarial vasculitis." A brief course of prednisone resulted in transient complete clearing of the rash. The infant is growing and developing normally; she has had no serious infections; her exam is normal except for the rash; there are no joint findings. Labs:

> CH50 and AH50 were '0' (repeatedly).

> All classical pathway component tested were low.

> RF, CIC, anti-C1q all positive

> ANA, anti-dsDNA, SSA and SSB all negative (mom also).

> UA normal

> Extensive search for infectious agents has been unrevealing.

> CBC shows neutropenia with positive anti-neutrophil antibody, and anemia-Coombs pending.

> Other than neonatal lupus any thoughts regarding diagnostic interventions and possible therapy (?IVIG).

> Joe Church

> Children's Hospital Los Angeles

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,

> is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential

> or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure

> or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please

> contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original message.

> The CIS-PIDD listserv is supported by the Clinical Immunology Society

> The science & practice of human immunology

> P: +1.414.224.8095

> E: info at clinimmsoc.org

> Not a member of CIS? Please visit www.clinimmsoc.org to join!

> You are currently subscribed to cis-pidd as: cooper_m at kids.wustl.edu.

> or send a blank email to leave-43494880-183824437.a01dbcff8dbb085c637e24ff0142df85 at lists.clinimmsoc.org

> <layla 004.jpg>

The materials in this email are private and may contain Protected Health Information. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return email.

E: info at clinimmsoc.org