[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Mild neutropenia, recurrent skin infections, allergy, lymphadenopathy

Daniel Suez dsuez at dsallergy.com
Thu Jun 27 11:13:58 EDT 2013

Richard, did you think about the possibility of IL17 neutralizing
antibodies?
Dan

Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Clinic PA

Daniel Suez, MD

From: Richard Wasserman <drrichwasserman at gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:57 AM
To: CIS-PIDD <cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org>
Subject: Re: [cis-pidd] Mild neutropenia, recurrent skin infections,
allergy, lymphadenopathy

One hates to think of more than one diagnosis but this patient already has
several. I think he needs an EGD to evaluate for eosinophilic esophagitis.
If there is no EoE, there might be another inflammatory pattern that would
be informative.

I don't think the neutrophil counts are low enough to account for the
infections. Clinically, it sounds a little like a mild form of LAD-1 but you
would expect neutrophilia as you would with other chemotactic defects but
the delayed loss of primary teeth and cutaneous infections suggest something
in that area.
Richard Wasserman

--
Richard L. Wasserman, MD, PhD