[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] ADA SCID with partial reconstitution and chronic leptomeningitis/encephalitis

Christine M. Seroogy, MD cmseroogy at pediatrics.wisc.edu
Fri Aug 9 17:45:50 EDT 2013

Dear Dewton et al.

Thank you for the comments and suggestions. Some follow up:

1. Toxo PCR was negative
2. Listeria and Brucella: no risk factors, 16sRNA was negative from the CSF
3. Mycobacterium: AFB stains and culture from CSF and blood are negative
4. dAXP was 0.135 prior to PEG-ADA therapy and now 0.03
5. Pathology and imaging are not consistent with PML and CSF JC PCR was negative.
6. The pathology did not show evidence for vasculitis
7. CSF ACE level is elevated at 7.2 (0-2.5), serum ACE is normal
8. CSF immunofixation was negative for oligoclonal bands

Chris