[CIS PIDD] Post IVIG and neutropenia

Santhosh Kumar/FS/VCU skumar at vcu.edu
Mon Aug 19 11:10:32 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I have been following an interesting patient for almost a year. He has a
hx of Hodgkin's lymphoma which is now in remission s/p Rituximab therapy .
He was diagnosed with CVID and started on IVIG a year ago. He has baseline
low WBC (2000-3000), neutrophil (1200-1500) and lymphocyte count
(600-1200) but drops even lower post IVIG. His wbc count drops to 1400 and
his neutrophil count to 600 although his lymphocyte count stays the same.
He has negative anti-neutrophil antibody. He also has low platelet counts
98000-102000 but this does not seem to be affected by IVIG infusions. He
has no symptoms associated with these low counts and I am currently trying
to see how it takes before the levels come back to baseline. Today is day
4 post IVIG and he continues to drop his WBC and Neutrophil counts. My
question to the group:

1. Has anyone seen similar problem with IVIG
2. Is there a benefit in switching him to SQIG

Thank you,

Santhosh Kumar, MD
Assistant Professor,
Allergy & Immunology