[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] 2 yo w/increased double negative t-cells and mesenteric adenopathy

Dr. Carsten Speckmann carsten.speckmann at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Wed Aug 21 02:57:59 EDT 2013

Did you check for soluble Fas-Ligand (sFasL) and/or IL10?
In our prospective evaluation of >160 pts with autoimmune cytopenia and
lymphoproliferation we found the COMBINATION of B12 and sFasL highly
predictive for the presence of FAS mutations (these markers performed
much better than DNT - unless DNT were very high):
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23850805
If locally not available, we are happy to assist with sFasL assessment
in serum (which we measure by ELISA 1x/month on research basis).
Based on our observations we have developed a "FAS mutation calculator",
which is also available online - www.alps.uni-freiburg.de.
This tool is meant to be used with 2 out of 3 markers (B12, sFasL and/or
IL10). Maybe you find this helpful.

Kind regards, Carsten Speckmann/

/

--
Dr. med. Carsten Speckmann
Funktionsoberarzt/Consultant Immunologist

phone: +49 (0)761-270 43010
mail: carsten.speckmann at uniklinik-freiburg.de
web: www.cci.uniklinik-freiburg.de

E: info at clinimmsoc.org