[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] challenging patient for IVIG/SCIG

Richard Wasserman drrichwasserman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 12:56:14 EST 2013

About 15 years ago I had a patient who developed epinephrine non-responsive
hypotension with IGIV. When I gave it SC, the hypotension developed about
48 hours after the infusion. He had to be treated in the hospital with
fluids and steroids for several days. On investigation his levels of TNF
were normal at baseline but went off the charts with IGIV. Pretreatment
with Remicade eliminated the problem. You might check cytokine production
during the reactions.
Richard Wasserman
Dallas

--