[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Granulomatous disease in 64y patient with Bruton's disease

Nacho Gonzalez nachgonzalez at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 13:57:47 EST 2013

Dear Klaus,

I follow a patient with agammaglobulinemia and "sterile" abscesses around
the neck, resembling granulomas. By 16S rDNA PCR and sequencing from
"sterile" neck and abdominal abscesses I identified a rare Mycoplasma
subespecies only sensitive to levo/moxifloxacin. Perhaps it is the reason
for the antibiotic unresponsiveness. Has your patient CD4 lymphopenia as
well?

Hope this helps,

Luis Ignacio Gonzalez-Granado
Immunodeficiencies. Pediatrics