[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] RTX and hypogamma

Seppänen Mikko Mikko.Seppanen at hus.fi
Wed Dec 4 01:17:43 EST 2013

Dear James,

Somewhat but not totally outside Medicare issues (changed the topic though):

In follow up it -if permanent - looks so much like CVID,

1) see Immunology Letters Kano G et al. Complicated pathophysiology behind rituximab-induced persistent hypogammaglobulinemia (I think still in press) and

2) an in press editorial/brief review about this, among other things (Seppänen M, Aghamohammadi A, Rezaei N. Expert Rev Clin Immunol. )

I would however argue that it may be reversible in 18(-24?) mo and that quite a few of them actually develop some form of hypogamma, and I would not be eager to treat the milder cases, see Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 2013; 13 (2):106-111 for figures?

Is anyone aware of any other studies on how many of RTX (/other B-cell -ab) -treated get hypogamma?

Mikko Seppänen, MD PhD
Helsinki