[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] CVID, hyper-eosinophilia, lymphadenopathy

Routes, John jroutes at mcw.edu
Thu Dec 12 12:15:31 EST 2013

Zach
Agree with James===we now have biopsy results on 15 or so patients and are in the process of submitting a paper on this—-granuloma are present in nearly all cased (one case w/o) BUT it depends on how many sections you look at and the experience of the pulmonary pathologist. Although it sounds like you are describing follicular bronchiolitis (present in every patient we saw) can’t be sure—anyway, I believe this is very likely GLILD-=if yo want a second opinion suggest you contact/send block to Dr. Arjun Rao at MCW, the pulmonary pathologist who reads our open lung biopsies —-=since it is T cell predominant as you describe it, I think it would be a mistake to just treat with rituximab—-we have had excellent responses to RTX/AZA with clearing or near clearing of the infiltrates in many cases—-we substitute MMF if TPMT deficiency is present (we genotype prior to starting)—-guess I am less concerned with eosinophilia as it is not that high—
Jack

John M. Routes, MD
Chief, Section of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Co-Director, Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin
Professor of Pediatrics, Medicine, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
Department of Pediatrics
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Medical College of Wisconsin
9000 W. Wisconsin Ave.