[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] ADA-SCID

Carsten Speckmann carsten.speckmann at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Thu Dec 19 05:55:15 EST 2013

Hello,

I would not be too surprised if this is caused by autoreactive T cells of the patient.
Autoimmune cytopenias are a well known complication after initiation of PEG-ADA - and I think also any other autoimmune manifestion (as in late-onset ADA patients) could be induced under enzyme replacement therapy.
We had one SCID patient who developed severe autoimmune enteropathy under ERT. He had massive T cell infiltrates in the gut, XY FISH suggested that these were of patient and not mother origin.
This enteroptahy did not response to steroids and we initiated ATG ahead of his regular HSCT conditioning regimen. He eventually received a MUD transplant and survived (after a prolonged episode of AIHA during SCT).

Carsten Speckmann
--
Dr. med. Carsten Speckmann
Funktionsoberarzt / Consultant Immunologist

phone: +49 (0)761-270 43010
fax: +49 (0)761-270 45990
carsten.speckmann at uniklinik-freiburg.de
www.cci.uniklinik-freiburg.de