[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] ADA-SCID

Oscar de la Calle-Martín odlcalle at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 06:53:05 EST 2013

Dear Kate,

I would try to look for the possible T cell chimerism (in order to exclude
maternal origin). Another possibility is that your ADA-SCID is progressing
to an Ommen's phenotype.

Best regards,

Oscar

2013/12/18 Sullivan, Kathleen <sullivak at mail.med.upenn.edu>

> Hello all!

> We have a 3m old ADA SCID baby. She presented as a typical SCID with a

> viral pneumonitis. Because of some custody issues, she was not an instant

> BMT candidate and so was placed on PEG-ADA. A month into the PEG-ADA, she

> developed what looks like GVHD. She has a desquamative rash, slight bump

> in her LFTs and increasing numbers of CD4CD45RO cells. We will get a

> chimerism study but it prompts me to ask- could this be a delayed maternal

> engagement and the maternal cells were in hibernation until we

> metabolically corrected the baby?

> Thoughts?

> Kate Sullivan

> ---

> The CIS-PIDD listserv is supported by the Clinical Immunology Society

> The science & practice of human immunology

> P: +1.414.224.8095

> E: info at clinimmsoc.org

> Not a member of CIS? Please visit www.clinimmsoc.org to join!

> You are currently subscribed to cis-pidd as: odlcalle at gmail.com.

> To unsubscribe click here:

> http://lm.clinimmsoc.org/u?id=185573033.fa46d3d038aaba9f8c6be6e71a3bbbe2&n=T&l=cis-pidd&o=44262056

> or send a blank email to

> leave-44262056-185573033.fa46d3d038aaba9f8c6be6e71a3bbbe2 at lists.clinimmsoc.org

Dr. Oscar de la Calle-Martín
Laboratoris, Planta -2, Bloc B,
Servei d'Immunologia, Hospital de Sant Pau
C/ San Quintin 89, E-08041 Barcelona, SPAIN
MOVIL SANT PAU 37386 / 682 745 510
93 553 7265 (SECRETARIA), 93 553 7386 / 93 553 7546 (DESPACHO)
odlcalle at gmail.com

E: info at clinimmsoc.org

or send a blank email to leave-44265396-183939985.3ea13d40a15475ac00ebbd9cd8a37d6d at lists.clinimmsoc.org