[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Multifocal osteomyelitis in an eleven yo boy with CGD

Soheil Chegini schegini at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 13:40:34 EST 2014

>From a theoretical perspective, colchicine or catakinumab could also be considered as suitable empiric treatment strategies in this patient, but there is not much evidence base in the published literature to support their use in CRMO. A follow-up report on his response to your treatment and the final outcome of this case would be very much appreciated.

sc

Soheil Chegini, M.D.
Exton Allergy & Asthma Associates
656 West Lincoln Hwy.
Exton, PA 19341
Phone: (610) 269-3066
Fax: (610) 269-8615

On Friday, February 21, 2014 12:32 PM, Arturo Borzutzky <drarturo at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Pere,

If NSAIDs fail, a reasonable idea -if still no infectious cause is found- would be to try thalidomide that has been recently reported in JACI to successfully treat inflammatory manifestations of CGD patients (no CRMO though) (http://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749(13)00763-X/fulltext).
Pamidronate IV infusions have also been successfully used to treat CRMO. Immunosuppressive alternatives (methotrexate, TNF inhibitors, etc) seem out of the question given the underlying PID.

Good luck

Arturo

Dr. Arturo Borzutzky S.
Inmunología, Alergia y Reumatología Pediátrica
División de Pediatría
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Tel: (56-2) 23543753
http://www.saluduc.cl/

Dear Thomas, thnx for your comments. The patient doesn't have any GI symptoms. However, he had elevated fecal calprotectin months ago and we've tested it again, no results yet, to look for subclinical enteritis.

E: info at clinimmsoc.org

You are currently subscribed to cis-pidd as: schegini at yahoo.com.

E: info at clinimmsoc.org

or send a blank email to leave-44562875-183939985.3ea13d40a15475ac00ebbd9cd8a37d6d at lists.clinimmsoc.org