[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] infliximab for for CVID related enteropathy?

Klaus Warnatz klaus.warnatz at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Thu Mar 20 20:07:57 EDT 2014

Dear Joseph, dear Elena,

Did you exclude LRBA? XIAP? would the presentation be compatible with either one? other endocrinopathies? when was the onset of the enteropathy? hints for secondary lactose etc intolerance? signs of malabsorption?
Did your intensive work up of the enteropathy include Norovirus? we see chronic Norovirus infection in some of our patients, I assume the typical other culprits have been excluded? Do you have the HLA DQ2/8 typing? did you repeat gastroscopy recently? I would to confirm no change in the histopathology.
we have used usually first budesonide when suspected AIenteropathy and need to apply it first with an capsule opened and taken together with mashed apple and then two capsules as they are later during the day. When this fails, systemic steroids and, if they fail and the histology shows clear T cell mediated disease, we usually use cyclosporine/tacrolimus or sirolimus. We have used anti TNF but only briefly without clear improvement. the London group has reported more success others have seen increased infections. Sufficient IgRT is important.
Follow up: clinic, calprotectin in stool, gastroscopy
I hope this helps.

Klaus

Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Warnatz

UNIVERSITÄTSKLINIKUM FREIBURG
University Medical Center Freiburg
Center for Chronic Immunodeficiency
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology

Tel: +49-761-270-77640 / FAX -71000 / Pager: 12-7100

Breisacher Str. 117, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
klaus.warnatz at uniklinik-freiburg.de
http://www.uniklinik-freiburg.de/cci

E: info at clinimmsoc.org

or send a blank email to leave-44683787-183939985.3ea13d40a15475ac00ebbd9cd8a37d6d at lists.clinimmsoc.org