[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] FW: Peruvian 4-month-old girl with chronic diarrhea, agammaglobulinemia, cardiac defects and peculiar facies

Dr. Carsten Speckmann carsten.speckmann at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Tue Mar 25 04:00:28 EDT 2014

I agree with Fabian - the pictures ("bird like") and B low phenotype
suggest a radiosensitive disease. Is the child microcephalic?
Did you look for microdeletions (FISH or CGH array?)
In addition to the investigations suggested by Fabian: did you look for
T cell proliferation?
Is the original newborn screening card available - you could check for
TREC/KREC levels (you might also consider doing this from a fresh sample).
Let me know if we can help with this.

Kind regards, CS

Dr. med. Carsten Speckmann
Funktionsoberarzt/Consultant Immunologist
Zentrum fuer Kinderheilkunde und Jugendmedizin
Centrum fuer Chronische Immundefizienz - CCI
Universitaet Freiburg
Mathildenstr. 1
79106 Freiburg
Germany