[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Fwd: newborn with chronic diarrhea and decreased plasma cells in the intestine

Yeşim Yılmaz Demirdağ dryesimyilmaz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 17:37:42 EDT 2014

Dear all,
I would like to give you an update on a previous case I had presented here.
This was a newborn boy with chronic secretory diarrhea and no plasma cells
in the intestinal biopsy.
Finally WES result came back and it is positive for heterozygous mutations
in MYO5B gene - responsible for microvillous inclusion disease. Both
parents are carriers.
Initial pathologic findings at 1 and 2 months of age had ruled out
microvillous inclusion disease on this patient. However, repeat biopsy (at
4 months of age) was consistent with that. Also, there were normal number
of plasma cells and lymphocytes in the repeat biopsy specimen.
Thanks again for all your help.
Yesim

Yesim Yilmaz Demirdag
Columbia University Medical Center