[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] ADA lung disease

Dr. Carsten Speckmann carsten.speckmann at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Wed Apr 23 02:55:49 EDT 2014

We have seen quick response (within 1 week) in a SCID baby aftet start
of PEG-ADA, and within 3 weeks after PEG-ADA in a 6 year old with
delayed-onset ADA and interstitial lung disease.
Enzyme levels after start of PEG-ADA were certainly higher than
"pysiological" levels after SCT, so I do not know how this is
comparable. Murine data suggest that adenosine mediated lung pathology
is also treatable with anti-IL6. Kind regards, Carsten Speckmann

Dr. med. Carsten Speckmann
Funktionsoberarzt/Consultant Immunologist
Zentrum fuer Kinderheilkunde und Jugendmedizin
Centrum fuer Chronische Immundefizienz - CCI
Universitaet Freiburg
Mathildenstr. 1
79106 Freiburg
Germany