[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] 2yo with ectodermal dysplasia & MAI infection

Cooper, Megan Cooper_M at kids.wustl.edu
Wed May 21 17:21:42 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I am caring for a 2yo girl with ectodermal dysplasia and a history of a large MAI mediastinal mass s/p excision that has left her with some vocal cord paralysis and bronchial stenosis.  Prior to this she was pretty healthy, no ear or skin infections, a few mild viral infection during which she had a febrile response.

Genetic and immunologic testing has not shown a defect yet and I'm wondering if anyone had additional thoughts or would be interested in further exploring her disease on a research basis.  We haven't specifically sequenced IKBA (I don't think it was available 1 yr ago when we started testing), but have done a TLR assay and whole exome.  Her ectodermal dysplasia is relative mild but real - sparse hair, late tooth eruption, poor sweating.

Her genetic testing has included:
Negative targeted sequencing of: EDA1, EDAR, EDARADD, WNT10A, IKBKG
Clinical whole exome sequencing: essentially negative; potential het variants in Rag1, TLR1, and ALOXE3, all shared by parents

Immunology studies have included:
Normal CBC, IgG/A/M/E, CH50, NOB
All normal counts CD3/4/8/56/19, ratio of memory/naïve CD4s
Normal proliferation to mitogens
Protective titers to Hib, strep pneumo
MSMD test @ Wisconsin was normal (pSTat4 response to IL-12; pSTat1 with IFNG; normal expression of IL-12R)
Normal TLR assay (ARUP laboratories)
The only abnormality was a low C1q binding (48.4ug/ml (ref 83-125) - sent d/t one abnormal CH50, but subsequent CH50 & C4 were normal and no clinical correlate.

Thanks,

Megan

Megan A. Cooper, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics
Division of Rheumatology
Cooper_m at kids.wustl.edu<mailto:Cooper_m at kids.wustl.edu>
Lab website: http://research.peds.wustl.edu/Default.aspx?alias=research.peds.wustl.edu/Labs/Cooper_M
(lab office) 314-286-0262
(lab fax) 314-286-2895

The materials in this email are private and may contain Protected Health Information. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return email.

E: info at clinimmsoc.org

or send a blank email to leave-44913796-183939985.3ea13d40a15475ac00ebbd9cd8a37d6d at lists.clinimmsoc.org