[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Hypogammaglobulinemia and light chain deposition in kidneys

Anastasiya Ashurova ana.ashurova at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 18:13:54 EDT 2014

We would like to elicit your opinion on a case we saw in our office.  An
adult patient presented to our office for immune workup in the setting of
frequent upper respiratory infections,  IgG of 679mg/dL, non protective
diphtheria and pneumococcal titers and most notably CD19 of 1573.  She was
subsequently vaccinated with Pneumovax 23 and Td and returned two months
later with a large mass over the site of her Td vaccination (left arm)
and diffuse
lymphadenopathy.  Biopsy of both an axillary lymph node and mass was
positive for small lymphocytic lymphoma/CLL.

We now have a patient in our office with CLL, CD19 of 13000 in need of
Pneumovax.  What has been your experience in vaccination patients with
elevated B cell counts? Has anyone observed “unmasking” or worsening of a
lymphoproliferative disorder after immunization?

Thank you,

 Anastasiya Kleva

Fellow, Steven & Alexandra Cohen Children’s Medical Center.

E: info at clinimmsoc.org

or send a blank email to leave-45107266-183939985.3ea13d40a15475ac00ebbd9cd8a37d6d at lists.clinimmsoc.org