[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] 62yo M with chronic infections, slightly abnormal labs

Shayna Burke shaynaburke at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 13:14:22 EDT 2014

Marc and Yesim,

Sorry for the delay in response, I was away from my office and could not access his records.
But, here are the answers to your questions:
PFTs (5/1/14):  FEV1     69%p (2.49 L),  FVC  68%p,  FEV1/FVC  0.76  (101%p), Interpretation:  Overall he has abnormal spirometry with no
evidence of airway obstruction for his age but with a restrictive pattern
instead.
I also reviewed prior PFTs from a previous doctor and they also appear to have a moderate restrictive pattern, with his FEV1 and FVC have both been in the 60s%p
and his FEV1/FVC is normal at ~100%p.  This pattern at least dates back to July 2011, for which I have PFT
values available.
I do not have access to DLCO in my office, so I do not have this value.  I did refer him to pulmonology for further evaluation, so they may have done it, but I don't have the results as of now.
For what it's worth, his CXR was normal.  HRCT chest is pending.
CF has been ruled out, although I have not seen the documentation myself.

Shayna Burke, MD
Allergy and Asthma Family Care
928 Farmington Ave
West Hartford, CT 06107