[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] ADA SCID tx

Infante, Anthony J INFANTEA at uthscsa.edu
Mon Jul 14 13:45:28 EDT 2014

Newborn screening has clearly changed the psychosocial impact of SCIDS in my experience. Previously, most patients were desperately ill at diagnosis, parents knew something was seriously wrong, and were relieved to get a diagnosis. Now, baby looks perfectly well and parents are devastated to hear their child has a fatal disorder. Perhaps there is literature on other conditions which have been screened in newborns for a long time.

Tony Infante