[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Chronic norovirus enteritis in CVID

Sokolic, Robert (NIH/NHGRI) [E] sokolicr at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jul 17 07:39:27 EDT 2014

Fabio Candotti and I had a patient with prolonged norovirus diarrhea after failed gene therapy for ADA-SCID.  We gave oral gamunex (5 mL of the iv preparation mixed with orange juice daily). Diarrhea resolved, but norovirus shedding remained for two years, during which time we continued oral Ig, and then resolved. During that time immunity did not improve.  We based our treatment on papers  describing the use of oral Ig for norovirus after small bowel transplant, which I believe are the same ones to which you refer. If not, I could send them.
Rob Sokolic

Sent from my iThing