[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Transplanted boy with WAS

Anders Fasth anders at fasth.com
Thu Aug 7 15:29:00 EDT 2014

Dear All,
Thank you all for most helpful input. Re NK cell testing, mutation analysis and other functional tests we are relying on Yenan so we feel we have exhausted all possible diagnostic approaches for both the twin donors and the patiens.  So the point about Yenan by Paul is important - no worries about transportation of material to the USA.

Also, we will consider alemtuzumab to deplete both macros and possible faulty T cells and NK cells . Discussions with the parents will take place next week.

And will do another round of meticulous search for any infections. At his first HLH event, it is likely that a fungal infection was the trigger. He had in retrospect for a month at least very high beta-glycans not followed-up by the treating doctor. He is now on prophylactic Ambisome since months with normal beta-glycan.  Fungal cultures never revealed the specific agent.

Once again thank you all for your advice
Best
Anders

Anders Fasth, MD, PhD
Professor of Pediatric Immunology,
Dept of Pediatrics, University of Gothenburg
Address: The Queen Silvia Children’s Hospital,
SE-416 85 Göteborg, Sweden
Tel +46-31-343 5220 (343 4000 switchboard)
Mobile +46-76-050 6117 (work) +46-70-687 5970 (private)
Fax +46-31-707 0694

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This E-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of intended recipient(s)and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.

Thank you

E: info at clinimmsoc.org