[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] HSCT consideration for CID/Variant SCID

Daniel Conway dhconway at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 15:54:49 EDT 2014

I think that the best surrogate markers absent genetic determination or a definitive OI (the avoidance of which is the goal of NBS) for scid are low TREC, T cell lymphopenia, and low proliferations.  And these proliferations are low for this patient.

Spectratyping may not be as strong a surrogate marker of immune defect.

I would suggest transplant.

Sincerely,
Daniel H. Conway, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics