[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Mastocytosis, CVID, or something else

Milner, Joshua D. (NIH/NIAID) [E] jdmilner at niaid.nih.gov
Mon Sep 29 17:04:54 EDT 2014

I've seen a few patients like this with in our cohort of familial tryptasemia patients. A few have had antibody issues and a few had FPIES.  Have you checked tryptase in other family members? Any joint hyper mobility in the family? We also have  a cohort of families with dominantly inherited symptoms consistent with a mast cell activation issue (urticaria flushing, anaphylaxis/anaphylactoid issues, dysautonomia  IBS-like symptoms, anxiety/depressionetc) who don't have high tryptases. They too have a predisposition to joint hyper mobility and a number are diagnosed with EDS type III. A number of the symptoms are soft, but in aggregate and in the families it makes a phenotype. Would be worth checking into the family for the other symptoms and for serum tryptase.

Josh

Joshua D. Milner, MD Chief, Genetics and Pathogenesis of Allergy Section
Laboratory of Allergic Diseases, NIAID, NIH
NIH Building 10-CRC Room 5-3950
Bethesda, MD  20892
Lab phone: 301 827 3662
Fax: 301 480 8384