[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] work up and therapeutic advise for patient with possible Omenn Syndrome

Dylan Mordaunt d.a.mordaunt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 22:20:30 EDT 2014

Dear Carsten and Allison,

PGM3 is not within the regions of homozygosity (
http://www.ccs.miami.edu/cgi-bin/ROH/ROH_analysis_tool.cgi). Unfortunately
it looks like transferrin isoforms are normal in PGM3-CDG, but
abnormalities can be detected on serum N-glycan analysis- the only clinical
lab I am aware of that offers this in the US is the Mayo Clinic. Without a
history of consanguinity, homozygosity mapping doesn't tend to be very
useful. If there is a history of consanguinity, it might be worth asking
the array lab to re-send the coordinates with the >3Mb limit removed and
enter them into the linked website.

In the absence of a deletion on microarray, a multigene panel and exon
array would probably be the quickest way to verify your diagnosis. Many of
these labs will expedite testing in your circumstances-
https://www.nextgxdx.com/apps/search/#/compare?tC=%5B%2255e70ae2341945748a1ea2f100229461%22%5D
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gtr/tests/501119/

Kind regards,

Dylan
Clinical and Metabolic Genetics Fellow
South Australian Clinical Genetics Service

Dylan Mordaunt
Mobile: + 61 468 516 283
Email: d.a.mordaunt at gmail.com

E: info at clinimmsoc.org