[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] antifungal prophylaxis during TB treatment of CGD

Nacho Gonzalez nachgonzalez at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 06:15:08 EDT 2014

Dear Laia,

you have, at least, two options: 1. Rifabutin instead of rifampicin.
See Pharmacotherapy. 2008 Aug;28(8):1076-80. Concomitant use of
voriconazole and rifabutin in a patient with multiple infections. Schwiesow
JN
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Schwiesow%20JN%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18657024>
1, Iseman MD
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Iseman%20MD%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18657024>
, Peloquin CA
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Peloquin%20CA%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18657024>
.
2. Avoid rifampicin and - while susceptibility test is pending- use 4 drugs
INH, ETA, PZA & LEVO/MOXI . Without RIF the treatment should be extended
for 12 months

Best regards,

Luis Ignacio Gonzalez-Granado
Immunodeficiencies Unit