[CIS PIDD] Fwd: [cis-pidd] NEMO pt with enterocolitis/SBO

Dr. Carsten Speckmann carsten.speckmann at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Fri Oct 10 09:45:22 EDT 2014

  Dear Dr.Hernandez,

We observed good longterm control of very severe IBD (occurring after
SCT) in a NEMO patient using anti-TNFa (Infliximab).
However, to achieve full remission we needed high doses (6mg/kg) and
short intervalls (4-weekly), which obviously increases the risk for
infections...which we luckily did not experienced too often in our
patient (post SCT).

Best wishes,

Carsten Speckmann

Funktionsoberarzt/Consultant Immunologist
Zentrum fuer Kinderheilkunde und Jugendmedizin
Centrum fuer Chronische Immundefizienz - CCI
Universitaet Freiburg
Mathildenstr. 1
79106 Freiburg
Germany