[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Chronic norovirus enteritis, update and Q

Armando Partida Gaytán e.diuxe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 21:02:53 EST 2015

Dear Mikko:

Indeed very interesting case, I hope soon you can help your patient to
improve.

Some things you mentioned [i.e. ITP + AINP (Evans) + splenomegaly + a non
specific inflammatory bowel disease + lung inflammation with mild
follicular bronchiolitis] fit well into ALPS or ALPS-like syndrome. So i
wanted to ask if DNT (CD3+TCRab+CD4-CD8-) had been determined, as well as
vitamin B12, sFASL, IL-10 levels, IL-18 levels, lymphocyte apoptosis tests,
etc. I know ALPS or ALPS-like syndrome is a diagnosis not easy to fit in,
but considering the difficult scenario, just wanted to mention it.

And as previos mails have mentioned, I think rapamycin should be tried. A
previous report, mentions on a simiar case:

Pleconaril-resistant chronic parechovirus-associated enteropathy in
agammaglobulinaemia. by
van de Ven AA
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=van%20de%20Ven%20AA%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=21685550>
1, Douma JW
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Douma%20JW%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=21685550>
, Rademaker C
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Rademaker%20C%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=21685550>
, van Loon AM
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=van%20Loon%20AM%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=21685550>
, Wensing AM
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Wensing%20AM%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=21685550>
, Boelens JJ
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Boelens%20JJ%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=21685550>
, Sanders EA
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Sanders%20EA%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=21685550>
, van Montfrans JM
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=van%20Montfrans%20JM%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=21685550>
.
Antivir Ther.
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=norovirus+AND+pleconaril#>
2011;16(4):611-4.
doi: 10.3851/IMP1792.

reported quote: "pleconaril did not have any effect on viral replication.
Symptoms improved on immunosuppressive therapy, suggesting
infection-related immune dysregulation in an immunocompromised host."

Salutes.

--
Armando Partida Gaytán
e.diuxe at gmail.com
dr.partida.g at gmail.com

*Alergia e Inmunología Clínica Pediátrica*
*Hospital Infantil de México Federico Gómez*
*Inmunodeficiencias Primarias*
*Instituto Nacional de Pediatría*
*Maestría en Ciencias Médicas*
*Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México*

E: info at clinimmsoc.org

or send a blank email to leave-45906327-183939985.3ea13d40a15475ac00ebbd9cd8a37d6d at lists.clinimmsoc.org