[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] 20 year old female with low IgA and autoimmune gastritis

Joshi, Avni Y., M.D. Joshi.Avni at mayo.edu
Fri Feb 13 14:34:15 EST 2015

Hello Kim,
Hope you are doing well.

Could you try Entocort – small bowel protocol?
Entocort enteric coated 3mg—
•       1 capsule whole
•       1 capsule opened on food
•       1 capsule chewed and swallow

I have a few adult CVID patients and 2 with enteropathy post RTX who have responded to this protocol. These patients not only had gastritis , but also enteritis /colitis, hence this regimen.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22810979

I am not sure if you need to dose it this way if you only have gastritis to deal with, just the chewed and swallow should suffice. The patient  should open the first capsule, place the granules in applesauce, and chew before swallowing, typically in the morning. She should avoid CYP3A4 inhibitors ( drugs, fruits like grapefruit, etc.) concurrently.

Best,
Avni

Avni Joshi, MD, MSc
Mayo Clinic