[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Wiskott Low Dose IL-2 trial

Jyonouchi, Soma C JYONOUCHI at email.chop.edu
Sun Apr 26 06:22:27 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We are currently recruiting Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome (WAS) or X-linked thrombocytopenia (XLT) patients for the final 2 remaining slots for our low dose IL-2 Phase I clinical trial.  Patients with WAS grade 1-4 are eligible for this study (patients cannot have a history of malignancy or autoimmunity).  We are particularly enthusiastic about recruiting patients with XLT who would not be strong candidates for HSCT or gene therapy.

Our data has shown promising improvement in a number of key immune functions including expansion of T and NK cell numbers, markedly improved NK cell function, improved actin reorganization, and expansion of T regulatory cells.

The cost of transportation and lodging for families will be covered by the study.

Jordan Orange and I are the two principal investigators for this study.  Additional information for this trial is available at: <http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00774358> http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00774358

Please feel free to contact me directly (jyonouchi at email.chop.edu<mailto:jyonouchi at email.chop.edu>) if you have any WAS/XLT patients who would be interested in learning more about the study. Our study clinical coordinator is Brenda Gwafila (gwafilab at email.chop.edu<mailto:gwafilab at email.chop.edu>).

Sincerely,

Soma Jyonouchi, MD
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Division of Allergy and Immunology